I have been invited to do a presentation on Co-Design in NZ next Tuesday
After much deliberation we have made our final selections for Tuesday afternoon’s Pecha Kucha (pronounced p’-cha-K’-cha) session, and I am pleased to congratulate you on your selection.
You will notice the times are tight, which means it is imperative you stick to the 20 slides, 20 seconds each slide format. This leaves only a couple of minutes either side of your presentation for change-over. This site gives you some wonderful examples and tips if you have not tried Pecha Kucha before – http://www.pechakucha.org/presentations/how-to-create-slides
The following times are the running order for the afternoon.
12:30 – Lunch
1. 13:30 – Monica Evans and Amber Walls: Toi Ora (Auckland) – “Express Yourself Creative Youth Partnerships”
2. 13:39 – Suzy Morrison – Matua Raki, (NZ National) Consumer Addiction Leadership Group – “Real People”
3. 13:48 – Kate Purcell (Perth) and Ellie Hodges (Adelaide): “Living Authentically in Both Worlds” & “ Strive to Thrive”
4. 13:57 – Boni Te Rongopai Tukiwaho (Auckland/Rotorua): “The Hobson Homeless Theatre Company”, the “Atawhai and Puawai Festivals” and “Whāriki Haoura”, The wellbeing for performers initiative.
5. 14:06 – Douglas Holmes (Sydney): MX Works Social Enterprise “Experiencing Co-design, lessons learned from participation”
6. 14:15 – Brody Runga (Auckland): Odyssey’s “Recovery College” Peer Led Addiction Service Education and Training
7. 14:24 – Richard Dick (Northland): Arataki TTTWON, Peer Generated and Co-designed innovation”
8. 14:33 – Monica Spiteri (Victoria): “Envico Health – A holistic non-clinical therapeutic residential social enterprise”
9. 14:42 – Rachel Maloney and Kieran Moorhead (Auckland): Drive and Changing Minds Collaborative Presentation – “Changing Minds, Changing Systems”
10. 14:51 – Tamara Waugh (Auckland Based/International): “The Happiness Experiment”
1500 – Afternoon Tea
Gareth Edwards is our wonderful MC for the day and will be contacting you via email to answer a “secret question” he will be using to introduce you, so be ready J
I have attached the Pecha Kucha template for you again for you to use if you haven’t already got started, the timings are already set up for you at 20 seconds per slide so all you have to do is;
1/ Remove my “sample images” and input your own 20 images
2/ Save it under your name
3/ Drop it into the “Consumer Day Pecha Kucha” drop-box BEFORE THIS MONDAY 22nd @ 3pm NZ Time Please save it under your order/name as above ( eg. 5_DouglasHolmes) you will receive an invitation to this shared drop-box folder shortly. (if you have problems please let me know)
4/ Practice your timing! J
Lastly, if you have not already registered for the Consumer Day anyway, please let me know so that I can make sure you get through the front door as presenters 😉
I am really looking forward to meeting you all on Tuesday, and listening/watching your inspiring presentations. Thank you all for your hard work and patience while we went through our selection process.
Ngā mihi nui,
Chief Executive Officer
(09) 623 1762
(0224) TAIMI A / 0224 824642